Stacie-Rae has been in the tattoo industry since 1989, tattooing professionally since
dropping out of art school to accept a tattoo apprenticeship offer in 1995.
cancer came into her life in 2006 and changed her entire career focus.
facing her own mastectomy in 2012, she's challenged the medical tattoo field to:
- inspired the industry to draw life-like nipple/areola complexes with the A.R.T. workbook
- created NIPPLEBACKS, 3D temp nips from the diagrams created for the book
- designed a hybrid approach to education for all, with pre-requisites
- co-curated the first permanent areola pigment set, made by World Famous
- invented the worlds first scarred practice skin, representing all ethnicities
- creating the first-ever cartridge set specifically for use in compromised tissue
- speaking, inspiring, published and award-winning, she is THE subject matter expert
when it comes to mastectomy, reconstruction, and scar tattooing.
Falling in love with professional tattooing after receiving a 'scratcher' basement tattoo in 1989, she's truly a tattoo heARTist through and through. Hanging out at the local shop until art school in 1994, then a professional apprenticeship with a master, she is one of Canada's first professionally trained and art school educated female tattooers. She's seen alot of change!
Evolution for a dynamic industry
As A.R.T. was developed and growing we saw and solved the roadblocks to all nipple tattoo greatness:
- We inspired all medical tattooists to draw nipples!
- We created realistic temporary 3D nipple tattoos
- We designed the first permanent areola pigments
- We invented the first scarred practice skins and patented them to represent all ethnicities.
Hybrid Approach to Education for All
Coming from a traditional tattoo background where a true apprenticeship is necessary, we respect the student-master relationship and understand that advanced tattooing needs an advanced approach, with pre-requisites, homework and feedback to help students grow into a confident problem solver who inspires true healing in all their clients.